“Achoo…achoo, achoo, achoo.”
Got that pesky, persistent cold again? The one that rears its ugly head every winter. And spring. And sometimes even summertime (ugh, summertime!) Well, we’ve got 5 easy cold and flu remedies that will get you better in no time.
How to Get Over a Cold Fast
1. Sure, you may be downing tons of cold medicine, but why not combine it with the natural approach? Don’t forget those simpler cold and flu remedies that have been working magic for years. One of our favorite homemade remedies is this recipe for Lemon-Ginger Tea.
2. Drink at least eight 8-ounces of fluids per day to stay hydrated and help break up that nasty congestion. Water, juice, herbal tea and sports drinks are all good options. Plus, grandma’s chicken soup will comfort you and keep your throat nice and moist—no wonder it’s one of the most touted home remedies for colds.
3. Take a steam bath or a super hot shower to help you decongest. Or you can hold your head over a pot of hot water and slowly breath (just be careful not to place your face directly into the steam!). Steam will help clear your passageways and sooth your sinuses.
4. Make sure to blow your nose regularly rather than sniffling the mucus back in, but don’t blow so hard that the phlegm enters your ear passages (eww!). The best way to do it is to place a finger over one nostril while you blow gently to clear the other.
5. Use soft tissue so that the skin around your nose doesn’t become raw. Puffs Plus Lotion is great for the task, as it locks in moisture to soothe irritation. And Puffs Plus Lotion with the Scent of Vicks adds the healing power of Vicks right into the tissue—so that you get some comfort with every nose blow.
And that’s how to get over a cold fast—get well soon!
Click here to buy Puffs Plus Lotion today.